For more than fifteen years, Homes by Chris has been an award-winning designer/builder in the Kansas City area. This is a company owned and operated by Chris and Roy Ragland, who are a husband and wife team who have built more than 200 homes in the Northland area. This fantastic partnership started years ago at the University of Missouri-Columbia. Chris graduated from UMC in economics, earned an MBA from Rockhurst University, and spent 20 years in corporate project management before joining Roy in the building business. Roy first worked as, and still is, a realtor, before deciding to form the building company in 2003.
With Roy’s experience in realty and Chris’s experience as a manager in the corporate world, they have an attention to detail in their homes that is second to none. You will find they are committed to providing what you desire in your dream home including energy-efficiency, aesthetics, functionality, and design. They hold themselves to a high standard that is well above a traditional builder’s standard, and it is what truly sets them apart from any other custom or spec home you choose to buy.
Roy’s and Chris’s homes have won 24 awards in the last seven years in Distinctive Plan & Design, Innovative Kitchen, American Dream, Best Model, and The Grand Award from the Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City, as well as Kansas City Homes and Gardens. We encourage you to come look at our current model homes in Copperleaf and Homestead!
What Sets Us Apart
There are many custom builders to choose from, so it is imperative you understand what sets us apart from others.
- Personal Service – you will work directly with Chris and Roy, a very unique opportunity in the building industry, who provide deep and broad expertise across the real estate and home construction industries
- Creativity – Chris and Roy provide a flexible process that embraces creativity and the uniqueness of each home they build, including incorporating interior designers in the early stages of the process
- High Standards – they hold themselves and every sub-contractor hired to very high standards to ensure your home is built to last
- Comprehensive Warranty – your home building experience doesn’t end when you get the keys, as each home is backed with a comprehensive one year warranty
Homes by Chris takes great pride in our work, and it shows through the many awards we have won. Here are a few of our most recent awards:
- 2018-Distinctive Plan & Design Runner-up; Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City
- 2018-Pick of the Parade; Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City – 7024 N. Anita & 1674 Homestead Drive
- 2016-American Dream Award, Runner-up Award; Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City
- 2015-American Dream Award, Grand Award; Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City
- 2014-Builder Hall of Fame recipient; Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City
- 2014-Gold Home of the Year Award; Kansas City Home & Gardens
- 2014-Grand Award, Pick of Parade; Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City
- 2013-Distinctive Plan and Design; First Place for their entry at Copperleaf
- 2013-Pick of the Parade; First Runner-up for the entry in Woodneath Farms
- 2013-Pick of the Parade; First Runner-up for the entry in Copperleaf
- 2012-Grand Award, Pick of Parade; Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City
- 2012-Grand Award, American Dream Award; Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City
- 2012-First Place, Distinctive Plan and Design; Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City
- 2012-Second Place, Distinctive Plan and Design; Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City
(see all at Our Awards)
“Choosing Chris and Roy was an easy decision. After seeing the quality and style of their model homes and talking to a few families who had built with them before, we knew they were the right choice. Thanks to the Raglands, our home has character. Nothing is ever ‘builder grade’ and we loved that. Our house was under construction while we were living 1700 miles away and we are still shocked by how enjoyable and stress free the process was.”
– Richard and Shea Henderson